The Fertility and IVF and IUI trial in couples with uneXplained infertility
We warmly invite you to take part in a clinical study being conducted across all the fertility clinics in New Zealand to find out about the best treatment option for couples with unexplained infertility to become pregnant
Couples with unexplained infertility who have been accepted for publicly funded fertility treatment are suitable to participate.
By doing this research we hope to provide more opportunities for couples with unexplained infertility to become pregnant.
Please watch the FIIX study information video below:
Benefits of the study
- You may begin treatment earlier – couples with unexplained infertility currently wait up to 15 months before their treatment commences, this time may be reduced if you participate.
- For those assigned to the IUI group, if pregnancy is achieved then you avoid the more invasive IVF procedure.
- Couples who agree to participate in The FIIX Study will not incur any costs. Their treatment will be publicly funded.
Participating fertility clinics
- Fertility PLUS – Auckland
- Repromed – Auckland
- Fertility Associates – Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch
For Fertility PLUS and Repromed clinics, contact us: TheFIIXstudy@auckland.ac.nz or 09 923 1281.
For all Fertility Associates clinics, contact us: email@example.com or 0800 323 449.
- Bensdorp AJ et al. Prevention of multiple pregnancies in couples with unexplained or mild male subfertility: randomised controlled trial of in vitro fertilisation with single embryo transfer or in vitro fertilisation in modified natural cycle compared with intrauterine insemination. BMJ 2015;350:g7771.
- Custers IM et al. Couples with unexplained subfertility and unfavorable prognosis: a randomized pilot trial comparing the effectiveness of in vitro fertilization with elective single embryo transfer versus intrauterine insemination with controlled ovarian stimulation. Fertility and Sterility 2017;96(5):1107-1111.
- Nandi A et al. Intrauterine insemination with gonadotropin stimulation or in vitro fertilization for the treatment of unexplained subfertility: a randomized controlled trial. Fertility and Sterility 2017;107:0015-0282.
- Farquhar CM et al. Intrauterine insemination with clomiphene citrate versus expectant management for unexplained infertility: a pragmatic open-label, randomised, controlled, two-centre trial. Lancet 2017;3;391(10119):441-450.
Information for Health Professionals
Approved by Central Health and Disability Ethics Committee on 15 April 2019, reference code 19/CEN/40.